General Service Technician
Golf Crawford Auto Service has job openings available for a General Service Technician! We're looking for honest, dedicated, customer-service oriented people to join our team at Evanston, IL.
The General Service Technician is an entry-level position that is responsible for providing general services for vehicle maintenance and repair, such as oil changes and tire rotations. You will also be under the guidance of an experienced automotive technician that will assist you. General Service Technicians are responsible not only for the service we provide, but also Golf Crawford Auto Service's reputation as a trustworthy and dependable auto shop. Because of this, a successful general service technician will need to have some experience in automotive repair, but also be a quick-learner who has the ability to receive instructions and follow our shop's procedures. Paying strong attention to detail and being dedicated to honesty, and fairness is important.
General Service Technicians are Responsible for:
- Performing general automotive maintenance and repair services across many makes and models
- Completing all work orders correctly and accurately
- Maintaining accurate and organized notes and paperwork on all jobs
- Practicing safe work principles
- Shop housekeeping, i.e. keep work area clean, safe and organized
- Maintain positive customer relationships
Applicants are required to be:
- At least 18 years old
- Recipients of a high school diploma or GED
- In possession of a valid driver's license
- Familiar with multiple makes and models of vehicles
- Dependable, honest and organized
- Available to work weekends and some holidays
- Ability to receive instruction and to follow procedures
- Some or limited training in automotive repair, and committed to keeping up-to-date on automotive knowledge
- Some experience in vehicle maintenance, including the use of tools
Click here to submit your application for this position.
Awesome and honest service! My former mechanic retired, and he recommended Chris and his team. It's hard to find a great mechanic, but I'm grateful to be able to bring my car to Golf Crawford Auto Service.
I was looking for a car repair service and was referred to the Golf Crawford Auto Service. Chris and all of his mechanics were wonderful. I told him the problems I was having and he told me he would let me know what he found. Chris called and let me know what was wrong and also made some safety suggestions. I was told what the cost would be with or without the safety fixes. My car was fixed as promised and the cost were very reasonable. It's hard to find mechanics that are professional, reasonable and most importantly knowledgeable. If you ever need service for your auto, this is the one I suggest.
I've been meaning a review for these guys for a long time. We found Chris through a recommendation from Armin at Lake Side Auto Rebuilders (also an awesome shop I highly recommend) and Chris and his crew have exceeded expectations. We drive new and old cars, and most recently we were headed on a cross country road trip in our 10 year old suburban. We had not gotten more than 15 minutes out and a major piece broke off the bottom of our vehicle, and we had to get it repaired going any further on our trip. We took it to Chris, who is usually booked weeks out, and he was able to squeeze us in, miraculously had the part we needed, and got us up and going on our trip out west before the morning was over. This is just one of many times They have helped us. Chris will do everything he can to help you out - he & his crew know what they are doing and will give you an honest deal.