General Service Technician
Golf Crawford Auto Service has job openings available for a General Service Technician! We're looking for honest, dedicated, customer-service oriented people to join our team at Evanston, IL.
The General Service Technician is an entry-level position that is responsible for providing general services for vehicle maintenance and repair, such as oil changes and tire rotations. You will also be under the guidance of an experienced automotive technician that will assist you. General Service Technicians are responsible not only for the service we provide, but also Golf Crawford Auto Service's reputation as a trustworthy and dependable auto shop. Because of this, a successful general service technician will need to have some experience in automotive repair, but also be a quick-learner who has the ability to receive instructions and follow our shop's procedures. Paying strong attention to detail and being dedicated to honesty, and fairness is important.
General Service Technicians are Responsible for:
- Performing general automotive maintenance and repair services across many makes and models
- Completing all work orders correctly and accurately
- Maintaining accurate and organized notes and paperwork on all jobs
- Practicing safe work principles
- Shop housekeeping, i.e. keep work area clean, safe and organized
- Maintain positive customer relationships
Applicants are required to be:
- At least 18 years old
- Recipients of a high school diploma or GED
- In possession of a valid driver's license
- Familiar with multiple makes and models of vehicles
- Dependable, honest and organized
- Available to work weekends and some holidays
- Ability to receive instruction and to follow procedures
- Some or limited training in automotive repair, and committed to keeping up-to-date on automotive knowledge
- Some experience in vehicle maintenance, including the use of tools
Click here to submit your application for this position.
I am happy to have found a reliable, dependable, honest and reasonable auto shop for maintenance of my vehicles. Chris is honest and straightforward about the kind of services you need for your vehicle. He even helps prioritize or ranks the maintenance needed (when asked). I am very comfortable taking my car to this shop for all its maintenance needs. I highly recommend Chris and this shop for any auto service you need.
René Abaño, 05/10/2022
Chris squeezed me in on an inspection of a car I bought from Carvana. He was professional, addressed our needs and I saw, your dependable local mechanic. I actually drove 60 miles roundtrip to find someone I could trust, with the second largest purchase, you ever make. I know when my vehicle requires care, I can turn to Golf-Crawford Auto Service.
Randy Gollay, 05/09/2022